AR Service & Assisted Machine Inspection
AR Proof of Concept
An Augmented Reality Proof of Concept (POC) developed for technicians to improve machine service inspections during repairs. The solution guides technicians through an inspection process and maintenance procedure using step-by-step instructions, assisted animations, and 3D overlays. The solution works with Augmented Reality Headsets including ODG R7, Atheer AiR, Epson Moverio BT-200, & DAQRI Smart Helmet, and Android devices. This project was unveiled at Caterpillar’s Research Innovation Showcase and Chicago Ideas Week in 2015.
What I did
- Project sale to Caterpillar Inc.
- Human centered design research
- Object recognition (using OpenCV)
- UI & UX design & testing
- AR headset testing & integration
- Country wide roadshow to Caterpillar Dealers & executive team