AR Operator Dash
AR Proof of Concept
An Augmented Reality Proof of Concept developed for the Microsoft HoloLens. Using simple interactions, operators can use secondary machine controls, radio, and auxiliary controls. The concept allows operators to receive contextual text notifications for machine diagnostics. To activate controls, the operator has the ability to utilize hand tracking or an onboard dedicated button on the machine joystick.
To provide an increase in safety, this concept offers operators to “place” a configurable virtual screen for the rear-view camera.
What I did
- Project sale to Caterpillar Inc.
- Human centered design research
- Prototype design (depth & spatial mapping)
- UI & UX design & testing
- AR headset testing & integration
- Country wide roadshow to Caterpillar Dealers & executive team